M is for Mini Fabric Purse/Card Holder

New Favorite Stash Buster Project...

M is for Mini Fabric Purse/Card Holder
------  UPDATE: Mini Fabric Purse/Card Holder free pattern by PostalThreads, click here.
A tip for printing: Do NOT select "Fit to Page" otherwise, the pattern pieces come out slightly smaller than intended.  Tutorial Is Here!



Years ago I was gifted one of these. I recently took it traveling so I could have a handy, flat, little something to carry some cash in my pocket. I searched and searched for a pattern, but found none, so I decided to have a go at designing a pattern myself, based off the mini purse I was gifted. These are so versatile & fun to make--completely lined! You end up sewing the "purse" pieces right sides together and then turning the whole thing right sides out, and hand-stitching the little opening closed, at the end. As far as the closure goes, I think a little snap closure might be cute too, but I personally do not mind the Velcro--it keeps it all soft and flat. "Press as you Sew!" should be the motto for putting together these little dainties. This is my new favorite fabric stash buster project!

No comments :

Post a Comment